Sunday, November 19, 2006

8 mile Long Run

Heart rate graph for 19/11/06 run
Map of 19/11/06 runToday was a long run of 8 miles. 10 miles total: 0.5 mile walking warm-up, 8 miles continuous running, 1.5 miles walk/run cooldown.

The weather was beautiful when I started. Sunny, warm (around 13°C), and no wind to speak of. As I ran, it started to become partly cloudy, and there was a light breeze. About the last mile, the clouds rolled in and it was overcast. Which is one of the reasons my cooldown ended up being a walk/run - I needed to keep warm! I arrived home just in time - when I got out of the shower after my run, I discovered that heavy fog had rolled in!

The run itself went fairly well. I ran through the Englischer Garten, along all kinds of paths through the park. A lot of people were out enjoying the lovely weather. I was able to keep my heart rate under 75% of heart rate reserve, except on a few hills. My pace was slow, but decent for a long run.

1 comment:

karaoke queen said...

Congrats. I can't even run around the block :)