Tuesday, September 19, 2006

5 easy miles with hubby

Heart rate graph for 19/09/06 run
Map of 19/09/06 runHad a great, easy run with hubby along the Isar river and through the Englischer Garten today. looooooove Was able to keep my heart rate under 70% of HRR, except on the few hills. Then we had a nice, long walk (about 1.5 miles) home for a cooldown.

It was cloudy out, and it had been raining heavily earlier in the day, so the paths were wet and there were some large puddles in some places, but it was lovely weather for running. About 15
°C with light winds.

Since the 20km race in Paris next month has water stations only ever 5 km, I'll want to carry some water or Gatorade on me during the race. I have a Camelbak, which I love, but which carries more than I'll need during a race. So I bought myself a FuelBelt yesterday, and tried it out on our run to see if it worked for me. It did. As long as I had it down on my hips, not around my waist, it was very comfortable. This way I can carry some additional refreshment with me during the race. Since I sweat a lot when running, regardless of the weather conditions, staying hydrated is very important to me.

No comments: