What is your favorite herb or spice?
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.
- Sunglasses at Night, by Corey Hart
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?
need to do? let's see:
- go to the grocery store
- return bottles and get deposit back (you return practically all bottles here in Germany - pop bottles, juice bottles, water bottles, beer bottles, etc.)
- go for my 3 easy mile recovery run
- make a bakery run, to buy today's bread
- put on a load of laundry
- fold up and put away the clothes that are now dry
- Swiffer the floors
- should start looking at a bike, for commuting
- should buy a Dirndl (traditional Bavarian dress) for my niece, so hubby can bring it to Canada when he travels next month on business (it will be a Christmas gift for her)
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).
- Unique? Well, my father worked for many years in Saudi Arabia, with the International Civil Aviation Association, through the U.N., helping them to develop their Crash Fire Safety program for airports. My mom, sister, and I visited him twice. We had to have special permission to enter the country (since it is normally closed to all except Muslims). My father lived in a walled compound, along with other Westerners who were working in Saudi Arabia (Brits, Americans, Australians, Europeans, etc.) and while we were on the compound we could live and dress normally. Outside the compound, though, we had to wear a black habaya, be accompanied by a man, and have our arms and legs fully covered. It was quite the experience.
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?
- All night. One time, on a weekend during our first year of university, a group of friends and I took a trip to Montreal (about 2 hours drive from Ottawa) and stayed up all night.