- I'll be meeting a bunch of ladies from the women's Runango forum. I can't wait!
- I'll be running the Paris 20K race (20 km = 12.4 miles, for your Americans) on Sunday.
- The race is just short of a half-marathon (a half-marathon is 13.1 miles or 21.1 km).
- Hubby is coming with me to Paris, but he's not running the race.
- We're staying at the Mercure Tour Eiffel, right next to the Eiffel Tower!
- I'm looking forward to seeing the Eiffel Tower.
- The race starts and ends right next to the Eiffel Tower, which is why we're staying there.
- I'm looking forward to visiting the Louvre.
- Hubby and I are flying out Friday morning, and back Sunday evening.
- Because of the way the race course is laid out, hubby will be able to see me at various points along the route, take pictures of me, and be there with fresh Gatorade, should I need it.
- I've never run a 20km race before, so it's a guaranteed PR (Personal Record)! I have run 3 half-marathons, and one full-marathon previously, however.
- I'm looking forward to having the chance to practice my French. I was bilingual, but after starting German language training, my spoken French has gone downhill. I still understand it perfectly, and can read and write French with ease, but my speaking is rather weak.
- This is the first race over 10km that I've run without hubby running right along with me, so it will be an interesting challenge!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants