Tuesday, January 09, 2007

6 Mile Tempo Run

Map of 09/01/07 runToday's run was 6 miles in total. It consisted of a 2 mile warm-up (heart rate under 65% of heart rate reserve- HRR), 1 mile at tempo (80% of HRR), 1 mile recovery (<70% HRR), 1 mile tempo (80% HRR) and 1 mile cooldown. The cooldown mile I had to alternate running and walking to keep my heart rate down.

It was warm out, with temperatures between 10 and 12°C, but it wasn't quite as nice as it was yesterday. There was more wind, up to about 15 km/hr, and it was raining for the first mile. After that, the rain lightened up, and there was only the occasional sprinkle of precipitation.

Once again, I ran through the Englischer Garten, which is lovely for running.

Afterwards, once my husband was home from work, we lifted weights together. Today we lifted back, so we did lat pull-downs, narrow-grip pull-downs, seated rows, and straight arm pull-downs.

3 comments:

Malnurtured Snay said...

Congrats on the run! I need to start running ... but I can't get off my couch.

Michelle Wiebe said...

Caylynn - what are you training for right now? (if anything)

I seem to recall a spring marathon, but I'm not sure if that is you or not.
-M

Tofu Recipes said...

Thank you foor sharing this