Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My hobbies

First of all, I'm a runner. My husband and I frequently run together. We've run three half-marathons and one full marathon together, plus numerous 10Ks. Hubby has also done 2 halfs on his own. Currently, we mostly run along the Isar river here in Munich, and through the Englischer Garten (a large park in the middle of Munich, much like Central Park in New York).

I'm also a certified group fitness instructor. I love teaching classes. My favourite fitness class is Step, followed by Stability Ball. I also teach High-Low Aerobics, Total Body Conditioning/Body Sculpting, Interval, and Circuit classes. I taught for several years at the University of Ottawa, and now I'm on a sub list at a gym here in Munich. Hopefully I'll have a regular class of my own soon.

I love horses and horseback riding. I ride English - hunter seat and dressage. I haven't ridden in a couple of months now, but I'm hoping to find a stable where I can ride fairly soon.

I'm a voracious reader, mostly Fantasy and Historical Fiction. My favourite authors include L.E. Modesitt, Jr. and Kate Elliott. My husband, a long time comic book collector, also has me reading comic books. My favourite comic book writers are Gail Simone and Brian Michael Bendis. My favourite comic book artists include George Pérez and Greg Land.

I also enjoy computer games, mostly role-playing games, city building games, and a few strategy games. Favourites include Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic (I&II), Civilization IV, and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

No comments: